THE MISSIONS FOR HEALTH (M4H) SCHOLARSHIP
Objective: This scholarship was created to provide tuition assistance (and other assistance) for full-time students enrolled in the Faculty of Medical Sciences pursuing a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree (DDS) degree at the University of the West Indies (UWI), Mona School of Dentistry.
Application Deadline: Open (Fall, Spring or Summer)
Number of Awards: At least TBD
Value of the Award: US$1,000 each Tenure:
• Renewal is not automatic, and the scholarship holder is expected to reapply.
Eligibility: This scholarship is “needs-based” with specific academic and other requirements as indicated below:
• Full time matriculated student at the University of the West Indies (UWI)
• Pursuing a DDS degree at the Mona School of Dentistry
• Rank: 2nd year or higher ranked student
• GPA Criteria (≥ 3.0)
• Jamaican citizenship
• Submission: By email to email@example.com
• An essay outlining the applicant’s educational and professional goals and how this scholarship will help to achieve the applicant’s career and professional goals.
• Two (2) current letters of recommendation (one character and the other academic).
• A certified UWI transcript that indicates the student is in good standing.
• Certified copy of birth certificate.
• Picture (Head shot) of applicant.
• Funds will be disbursed to the successful applicant through the university controller/financial aid office.
• After notification of scholarship, the successful applicant will submit their school identification number to Donat Grant (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• The award may not be held jointly with any other Missions for Health scholarship.
• Also, the award may not be held jointly with another scholarship or bursary where together the value exceeds the cost of tuition.