Missions for Health First Trip
1. Delores Young 03/03/12 Kingston
Needs continued prayer from PCC, especially for health-joint pain. She really appreciates the prayer that she received when she came to visit PCC. It really meant a lot to her.
Sister Young was given $100.00 (US) cash from Missions for Health.
2. Lloyd and Elaine Cooke 03/04/12 Mandeville
Lloyd preaches once a month at Alpha Gospel Assembly. He teaches at the local Bible College. His wife is active in the local church, working with the kids.
Lloyd was given $150.00 (US) cash from Missions for Health.
3. Keith Anderson 03/04/12 St. Elizabeth
Principal at Midlands Elementary for 3-4 years and he goes to Billy’s bay for church on Sundays. They are take care of a 95yo lady that lives with them- sister Wilson. She doesn’t have any family to take care of her so they have stepped in. She doesn’t speak.
Keith Anderson was given $50.00 (US) cash from Missions for Health
4. SoniaMae Brown 03/05/12 Savanna-la-Mar
We met with members of her youth group (5) and her Pastor (George Houghton). The church is in the process of bringing a Mobil Dental clinic from the US. We would be a good fit to work with his church…meaning we would just have to bring the medical team and a few supplies. So this is an opportunity for ‘missions for health.’
Dr. Vanisia Grant gave a talk to the youth group on good oral health. There were a number of questions from the group. They were very interested.
Distribute care package the people in attendance.
Soniamae was given $150.00 (US) cash from Missions for Health to be used for the kids
5. Lloyd Burnett 03/06/12 Montego Bay
Meeting at Scotchies Grill recommended by Casie
Bickersteth Gospel Chapel
He doesn’t consider his church a brethren so as not to be exclusive, but he does follow the doctrine
His weekly plan changes often:
– He preaches every Sunday at least 3 times, sometimes 4
– He tries to use Monday as a Sabbath
– Tues-sat hectic: he does court, a justice of the peace and notary public
– He has a counseling session he does.
– he was one of the founders of Pickford with Trevor Dixon
– Trevor was his treasurer while he was the chairman of the Western missionary conference (13yrs)
– he does premarital counseling and general counseling
Lloyd Burnett was given $100.00(US) cash from Missions for Health
6. Christian Missions- 3/8/12
Carl Scharschmidt-> Ceo for 2 months now. Originally from Trelawney.
-previously compensation mngr at Caribbean at airlines
-spent 20 yrs at Portmore gospel chapel
– now an elder at Berkshire hall – St. Catherine near Lindstead
Christian missions changed name from Christian brethren assemblies Jamaica last year
-Role to coordinate the Christian brethren in JA – 84 assemblies
*3 main focus areas- Church growth, fellowship ministries and Sunday school. Relaunch all youth mtgs, youth counsel and strengthening Sunday school. Leadership development on the 3 rd year- building succession planning. There’s a gap btwn leaders and next group of leaders- Midland bible Institute playing a big role
-Dr Litchmore- head of midland bible institute and Christian missions
-Going around coordinating all 5 regions in JA
God is working to redeem the communities around the Brethren Church.
The workers need to be equipped to work with the new generation- post modern
– wanting to change the official name to “minister of religion” since “workers” is not recognized by USA govt. and business community.
– Want to equip all the workers
– want to improve the stipend given to workers, health and pension.
Dr Philip Henry – resource to help with missions for health Dr. Litchmore knows him well
Christian Missions was given $200.00 (US) cash from Missions for Health
7. Dr. Litchmore President of Midland Bible College
Spoke to him briefly at Christians Missions. Gave him my business card. He shared upcoming events at the school. His wife was across the street, but could not meet with her…in a hurry for the next meeting
Dr. Pitch ore was given $50.00(US) cash from Missions for Health
8. Meeting with Dr Irving McKenzie 03/08/12
Dr. McKenzie- He makes sure the dentist have the license and work permits to work freely. And helps to get the resources and supplies come thru customs without any problem.
He Went to school in Russia and met his wife there.
They would like for Vanisia to come in and be a clinical instructor for the school to help out.
All we need to do is to get the dental group together pick a date and time and dr Mckenzie will assign them.
* Hilary Jones: (Hcpjones@yahoo.com) she is the dentist in Jamaica willing to work together with us in Missions for Health.
Got a call from Dr. Hillary Jones at 9 pm. She is a Pediatric Dentist. I shared with her my vision for ‘Missions for Health’. She is willing to be the one of the local contact person. She also knows of a dentist in Miami who would join our team. Scheduled to have lunch with her on Friday
Missions for Health Second Trip –
a. Left FLL 10:15 (stayed at Pegasus. Room with Elder from Hollywood)
c. Thursday…Team visited Spanish Town Prison
d. Stuff did not clear customs till 9:00 pm
Basically Thursday was spent waiting
3. Friday.. Visited 4 Square Church
i. Detail the services that was rendered
ii. Show slide presentation
3. Friday Night
Reception at Audry’s cousin (Nembhard’s home)
Food sponsored by Grace Kennedy
4. Medical Services offered to the staff of Pegasus
5. Went to my mom for rest and comforting of her.
6. Returned Sunday Evening
7. Next Step